The ePublication is an open source platform electronic book format that will work on most eReaders and can be run on a PC, Mac, Kindle, Nook or other eReader. It is like a static pdf with links instead of page numbers. The product will have digital rights management functionality, which will allow us to expire the content so that users are not utilizing outdated clinical information.
Any eReader , although because of different features, the eBook may work differently on different eReaders. We will develop training for most major eReaders including Kindle, iBooks, Nook .
- Works well when not connected to the internet. Local storage of content means internet performance not an issue.
- Allows for embedded multimedia.
- Extremely portable. Long offline battery life in power outage.
- File could be stored on a flash drive for emergency use on PC
- Because of the format, looks different from the hardcopy CHAM. May not be intuitive because of this.
- Because of variation in eReaders, training models may be complex.
- Is NOT updateable – content will eventually become obsolete and will need to be entirely re-downloaded.
- Does not allow annotations except local annotations (not persistent across eCHAM products and will not persist when content expires).